How do you know if a mare is in heat?
There are clear signs that stallions use to tell if a mare is in heat or not. These are sometimes not so easy to recognize for us humans - especially when mares are not kept together with stallions and only show these signs in a weak form. In this film we show a few characteristics to look for in your mare to tell if she is in heat or not. The clearest course is of course to present the mare to a stallion who will interpret these signs for us, but that is not always possible...so we hope this film will help some of you mare owners...
Note: Extreme caution is required when handling stallions, especially when mating. As you can see, a stallion can really get going. I have to say that I didn't know either the stallion or the mare well and I had to help out that day. Although I have good experience in handling stallions, the sprint this stallion put in came as a great surprise to me. The stallion is an experienced stallion, but that day a stranger (me) obviously threw him off track.


Post a Comment
0 Comments